2023 HORIZONS BRIDGEPORT
ADMISSIONS IS OPEN!
Set Your Kids Up For Success
We are committed to providing Bridgeport students access to opportunities that enhance critical academic and social-emotional skills to unlock every student’s potential.
Horizons Bridgeport partners with students and their families to maximize educational outcomes by emphasizing academics and social-emotional learning while providing exposure to a wide variety of social, cultural, and recreational enrichment experiences for students from kindergarten through college.
The Horizons Bridgeport network currently consists of programs (also called affiliates) at three locations: Horizons at Greens Farms Academy (HGFA), Horizons at Notre Dame High School (HND), and Horizons at Sacred Heart University (HSHU). Horizons Bridgeport is in the process of adding more sites to serve even more Bridgeport students.
We are accepting applications for 2023 admission from
December 1, 2022 through February 28, 2023
Every spring, each Horizons Bridgeport affiliate admits new students to their K-8 Program. Once admitted, students remain in the program through high school and college. Programming is free, families pay only an annual $30 registration fee.
Each of the three Horizons Bridgeport programs is partnered with Bridgeport public, magnet, charter, and parochial schools, so the program your child will be applying to depends on which Bridgeport public school they attend at the time of application. Your child’s application will automatically be forwarded to the correct affiliate.
Who Can Apply?
- Students who are currently in grades K-8 and enrolled in a Bridgeport public, Bridgeport magnet, Bridgeport charter, or Bridgeport parochial school. Students who attend school in another town are not eligible to apply even if living in Bridgeport.
- If your child is in PreK-4, attending Kindergarten in Fall 2023, and attends or will attend a school on Horizons GFA’s partner school list, they are eligible to apply for the PreK class at HGFA. Horizons Sacred Heart and Horizons Notre Dame’s youngest grade is Kindergarten. Therefore, the youngest students eligible for HSHU and HND are currently in Kindergarten, entering 1st grade in Fall 2023.
- Students who are motivated to improve academic performance and parents who want to participate in that process with their children.
- The applicant’s family must be willing to submit proof of residency and income.
- Applicant’s family must be committed to and excited about the opportunity to form a long-term partnership to help their child build the academic and social-emotional skills required to succeed in school and complete their post-secondary education.