HORIZONS BRIDGEPORT ADMISSIONS
We are committed to providing Bridgeport students access to opportunities that enhance critical academic and social-emotional skills to unlock every student’s potential.
Horizons Bridgeport partners with students and their families to maximize educational outcomes by emphasizing academics and social-emotional learning while providing exposure to a wide variety of social, cultural, and recreational enrichment experiences for students from kindergarten through college.
The Horizons Bridgeport network currently consists of programs (also called affiliates) at three locations: Horizons at Greens Farms Academy (HGFA), Horizons at Notre Dame High School (HND), and Horizons at Sacred Heart University (HSHU). Horizons Bridgeport is in the process of adding more sites to serve even more Bridgeport students.
The Horizons K-8 Program provides a full-day, six-week program in the summer and support through the school year. The benefits of the summer program include individualized academic support, social-emotional skills development, breakfast, lunch and snacks every day, swimming lessons, and a wide variety of engaging enrichment opportunities.
High School Program
The Horizons High School Program includes one-on-one weekly academic support and mentoring with a coach. Students continue social-emotional skills training, and receive curriculum and extra-curricular guidance, comprehensive college counseling (guidance and support relating to school choice, the Common Application, and financial aid), as well as career readiness support.
College Success Program
The College Success Program provides students with resources that assure they complete their post-secondary degree fully prepared to obtain an entry-level position within six months of graduation. Students benefit from transition workshops, time management and study skills development, check-ins with their coach, scholarships, and emergency financial assistance. They also have access to a comprehensive career launch program that prepares them for entering the workforce.
The 2023 application period is closed. Check back in the fall for the 2024 application dates.
Every spring, each Horizons Bridgeport affiliate admits new students to their K-8 Program. Once admitted, students remain in the program through high school and college. Programming is free, families pay only an annual $30 registration fee.
Each of the three Horizons Bridgeport programs is partnered with Bridgeport public, magnet, charter, and parochial schools, so the program your child will be applying to depends on which Bridgeport public school they attend at the time of application. Your child’s application will automatically be forwarded to the correct affiliate.
Who Can Apply?
- Students who are currently in grades K-8 and enrolled in a Bridgeport public, Bridgeport magnet, Bridgeport charter, or Bridgeport parochial school are eligible to apply. Students who attend school in another town are not eligible to apply even if living in Bridgeport.
- Horizons Sacred Heart and Horizons Notre Dame’s youngest grade is Kindergarten, admitting students the summer after they finish Kindergarten and just before they enter 1st grade.
- Horizons GFA’s youngest grade is PreK, admitting PreK students the summer prior to their entering Kindergarten, and if they are in a Horizons GFA partner school for PreK and Kindergarten.
- We look for students who are motivated to improve academic performance and parents who want to participate in that process with their children.
- The applicant’s family must be willing to submit proof of residency and income.
- Applicant families must be committed to and excited about the opportunity to form a long-term partnership to help their child build the academic and social-emotional skills required to succeed in school and complete their post-secondary education.